Voice of the Martyrs Homeschool Resources
Dear Home Educator,
The Voice of the Martyrs has been providing unique, age appropriate Christian resources for homeschoolers and Christian school teachers since 1996.
Some of our free resources at www.kidsofcourage.com are:
· Downloadable Bold Believers country/activity books, each featuring one country. The books provide stories, activities, recipes, games, puzzles, prayer points, coloring pages, skits, and more material suitable for use in group settings. They can also provide supplementary material for geography, missions, social studies, and current events curriculums. BOLD BELIEVERS IN SYRIA is our newest book.
· Learning About Islam, a 60-page book that helps kids’ workers teach kids about Islam from a Christian worldview.
· Video clips from around the world.
· Skits and plays that teach about Christian persecution in age-appropriate ways.
· Lesson plans.
· Project opportunities to help and pray for persecuted Christians.
· NEW: Free downloadable EXILE NIGHT resources are an opportunity for churches, youth groups and student groups to identify with their persecuted family members in a tangible way. www.i-am-n.com/exile-night/
· Parents, teachers, and children enjoy our blog featuring Christians around the world, school report ideas, crafts, activities, and feedback from readers. (NEW: Find more ideas on The Voice of the Martyrs Pinterest page.)
Items available for purchase at www.vombooks.com include:
· Torchlighters animated DVDs about real-life Christian heroes who withstood persecution (in English and Spanish).
· Letter writing kits to help kids write letters to Christian prisoners around the world.
· A $30 Kids of Courage VBS curriculum full of ideas and activities for kids’ groups. (See www.kidsofcouragevbs.com.)
For information about additional resources and opportunities, please check our websites.
The Voice of the Martyrs/Kids of Courage
Fantastic Resource!! (Bold Believers - Iraq)I am teaching sixth graders at a homeschool co-op about Muhammad, and Arabic, and Islam. What a valuable resource I have found here! Thank you for the creativity, research and wisdom that went into this particular volume. I'm sure the others are just as enlightening, and I can't wait to use and share them! — Christa G.
I first heard about VOM when I began homeschooling my children. After couple of years, I got brave and decided to teach my first “Bold Believers” class in our homeschool co-op. It was a huge hit! Over the course of several years, with children ranging from 9 to 17, we’ve studied Bangladesh, Vietnam, India, Colombia, China and the Uygur people. [We have used] VOM books, the Bold Believers’ Activity Books, VOM websites, and VOM DVDs. — Laura S.